Swedish Breakfast Treats
You can use to same fragrant yeast dough to make both kardammemabullar (cardamom knots) and cinnamon snails (kanelbullar). The cardamom rolls are are tied into big, beautiful knots before baking, making these desserts as attractive as they are tasty. And the cinnmamon rolls are simply prepared with a shiny vanilla glaze without a thick icing. Scandinavians know how to bake up wonderful warm treats to serve on cold winter mornings. These will become a treasured addition to your baking repertoire.
THIS IS A DEMONSTRATION CLASS. RECIPES WILL BE SENT OUT 24 HOURS BEFORE CLASS START.
Rick will teach:
- The unique rich sweet dough for Swedish bullar
- All about cardamom—green, black, and white; how to deseed and grind; where to buy
- Best practices for choosing cinnamon–the differences between Ceylon, Vietnam, and Indonesian varieties
- Two different “ties” for shaping the knots
- A simple baker’s finishing glaze for your breakfast pastries