Homemade, Handmade Strudel!
• Handmade Strudel Dough
• Classic Apple Strudel
• Cheese and Custard Strudel/Milchrahmstrudel
Strudel may seem difficult to make but is much more fun than it is daunting! In this class, I will show you how to hand-pull the dough to transparent thickness, as well as the classic apple filling that is perfect for cold weather baking. And–a farmer’s cheese (topfen) strudel rolled with store-bought filo, then baked and served with custard that I promise will become one of your favorite recipes for entertaining, as it has mine.
Rick will show you:
- How to make strudel dough in your own kitchen
- Techniques for keeping strudel crisp
- Best practices for store-bought, frozen filo sheets
- How to make Viennese crème anglaise (custard sauce)