New Yawk Faves: Hamantaschen and Black and White Cookies
Unless you live in the shadow of the Empire State Building, you might not know about hamantaschen (the traditional cookie for Purim) and hubcap-sized black and white cookies. This duo is offered at virtually every Jewish deli and bakery, and many other places more goyishe places (look it up). I’ll be making both dairy-free (pareve) and dairy hamantaschen, and moist, cakey B&Ws.
THIS IS A DEMONSTRATION CLASS. RECIPES WILL BE SENT OUT 24 HOURS BEFORE CLASS START.
- The butter-free cookie dough for tender cookies
- And a butter dough for dairy kitchens
- Classic Poppy Seed Filling
- Dried Apricot Filling
- Prune Filling (lekvar)
- Other ideas for variations
- The unique dough and glazes for black and white cookies